Thursday, May 20, 2010

5.19.10 - The 3rd Month Anniversary of Ride the Edge Update:


3 months of Harley and road living and I thought that you would like to get some quick stats (seeing as the actual blog is quite behind):

Days on the road: 90

Miles traveled: 12,405

Pairs of Sunglasses: 5 (still holding, fingers crossed)

States: 23 and Canada

Time Zones Traversed: 5

Current Location: Alexandria Bay, NY

The corner has been rounded, the journey now takes me west. “GO WEST YOUNG DAN, GO WEST!” Finding more and more that this trip, in its essence, is a much more taxing venture than originally anticipated, thoughts of “what I’ve missed” plague me consistently. The true blood that flows in this journey is not to attack every historical monument, tourist trap and city with vigor, but rather to stay as close to the boundaries of this country as possible, spending time with those places and parks that hold meaning to me or that need to be put “under the belt.” The time needed is much greater than expected, thusly leads to a failing of updates, which I know that you are all eagerly awaiting. Rides are consisting of 10+ hours daily and time off is spent with loved ones and friends. There are many stories bubbling up, ready to spew forth and the inspiration to write still holds strong. Please be patient. Next time I do this, I’ll take 8 months and have real-time post ;)

All your support and words of encouragement still spur me on to complete this insane adventure. Thank you.

"The bike may break me. The road may take me. I'll forever be alive knowing that I followed the road paved by my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment